Last Updated on Saturday, May 18, 2019 by WorldTechpedia
Hotmail.com is the first webmail services and is one of the best email services. It is a web-based suite of webmail, contacts, tasks, and calendaring services from Microsoft. If you forget your Hotmail password, then you don’t have to create the new email account. You can easily recover the password of your Hotmail account easily and set a new password as well.
To Sign up for Hotmail Account
- From your browser, you need to search for www.hotmail.com and then click ‘Sign in’ button and move with Hotmail login process.
- Then click on Create Account. There appears a text box with a new email comes up with a drop-down menu asking for an extension of the email structure as www.hotmail.com or outlook.com as the case may be.
- You can type the username you want and the extension you wish to create. After entering the new username, click on the Next button. And then write the email id you wish to create.
- You then have to create a password. Always create a strong password having different characters – letters, symbols, special signs, etc.
- Then, click on the button Next.
- After that, you need to enter your First name and last name. Enter the field you need to fill in the text filed and again, click the Next button.
- Then, you need to fill details regarding country/region showing a drop-down menu showing counties in options and the date of birth in mm/dd/yy format. Enter the required information, click the Next button.
- Then, you need to give the test of being a human or a bot. There will be two choices if you wish to do it by a picture (image) or audio. After that, you need to click the Next button.
- You will have to then furnish your phone number and there you need to get an OTP corresponding to it. Then enter the OTP to confirm your account. It is quite important to verify the account because it will add additional protection to your account.
- When you click on ‘Send Code’, you will get a code sent to you at your mobile number and if you don’t get it you can click on ‘I didn’t get a code’.
- Once you get the code, enter the code you got and click on the Next button.
To Recover the Hotmail Account
- First, open the outlook email page from the following link: https://outlook.live.com/owa/, https://login.live.com
- Then, click on the Sign in option from the upper right corner where you need to enter your email address and click Next.
- Then, in the next page you will see a box entitled with ‘Enter the password,’ and below it, you can see a title forgot my password. Click on that text.
- Once you click on that, it will ask you to enter your email account. Enter it and click on next.
- Then they will send the security code for account confirmation either in your register mobile number with you, then click on it otherwise select the second option of an alternative email address.
- Once you do that, you have to fill the Captcha code in the form of character. Then click Next.
- In the email address provided, they will send a security code of four digits. Open that email account and paste the code on outlook page and click on verify.
- As you verify it, it will take to a new page where you will have to enter your information like the first name, last name, birth date, country, state, and postal code.
- Then you will have to enter some information and they will send the recovery mail on your secondary email. Open it and find the link. The Email takes up to 24 hours.