Last Updated on Saturday, June 1, 2019 by WorldTechpedia
Both the Apple ID and iCloud ID are the account from Apple Inc which many people consider is the same but they are two different accounts. The Apple ID is used to log in to the iCloud however to access both the account you need the same e-mail ID.
An Apple ID allows the apple user to do everything on Apple devices. This account can be accessed by Apple users only. The Apple ID is a way of having your information stored on Apple’s database so that you can be identified on what you use like MacBook, iPhone or iPad.
This ID can be used to log into various Apple products, such as iMessage, iCloud, the iTunes Store and the Apple Store. It further allows users to shop products such as games; music and application form the Apple Store.
You can also set up two-factor authentication to protect Apple ID from fraud. This authentication adds an extra layer of security, designed to ensure that you’re the only person who can access your account, even if someone knows your password.
Follow the steps mentioned below to create an Apple ID:
- First, unlock your iPhone and then in the home screen, you need to tap on Settings. Or, if you have just turned on your iPhone, you need to choose your language, city, and other settings and then you’ll be asked to create an Apple ID.
- Then, from settings, you can go to iTunes & App Store.
- Then, tap on Create New Apple ID. There you need to choose your country where you are currently at and then enter your regular email as a name of your Apple ID.
- After that, create a password with a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, type it and verify.
- Now answer all your security questions as well as a birth date.
- After that, you will be asked about your payment method info to the account. If you don’t want to add it then you can choose ‘None’ when you’re asked for payment information. Or else if you want to add it then you can add your billing information in the form of a debit/credit card or PayPal.
- Then you need to verify your account via email. Once your account is verified, you are free to download any app you wish.
iCloud account helps you set up all the tools that are needed in the device for synchronizing and accessing your data. This ID can be used for synchronizing your address book and calendars, files, photos, and videos.
In a family, if you share your Apple devices, you can create a discreet iCloud ID for each member. This will make all member have their own iCloud experience for email, messages, calendar, photos, etc. so that your personal information will not be accessed by anyone who accesses the devices.
Follow the steps mentioned below to create an iCloud ID:
- First, open your device’s Settings from your home screen
- Then tap on Sign in to your (Device) from the top of the Settings menu.
- Then tap on “Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it?” located below the password field on the screen.
- Tap Create Apple ID and enter your Birth Date and then tap Next.
- In the next step, enter a First and Last name and then tap Next.
- After that, you can enter your current email address or create a new iCloud email address.
- To use your current address, tap Use your current email address and enter your email address. Then tap Next.
- To create a new iCloud email address, tap Get a free iCloud email address and enter your desired new email address. Then tap Next and again, Continue.
- In the next step, you need to enter a new Password and then tap Next.
- Then, enter your Phone Number with your corresponding country and whether you wish to verify it with a Text Message or a Phone Call. Then tap Next.
- After that, make sure to Agree to the Terms and Conditions. Once you have read the Terms & Conditions, tap Agree.
- Then, you need to enter your device’s passcode. This is the unlock code you have it for your device. You will then be automatically signed in to your new Apple ID.
After a successful sign up, you can follow this tutorial to login to your iCloud:
The main confusion between the iCloud ID and Apple ID is that they both can be accessed by the same email ID. The email address and password of Apple ID are used to log in into the iCloud account whereas iCloud ID can be taken as an extra service added on top of the Apple ID login. However, they are linked so closely that they are often taken as the same account.